Pages

Monday, March 30, 2020

Goat Island Trip with class!


In the morning I woke up at 6.am and I got ready because my class and I were on a bus trip to
Goat Island Marine Reserve. I was so excited! We all went on Monday, 25 February 2020.
I arrived at school at 7:30am. I saw half of my class at school. I saw my teacher
Miss Nees-Kairua, and some of my friends. I then saw the big bus parked in front of the school.


When we got inside the bus it was awesome! Because the bus was bigger than the normal
buses. I sat next to my friend, Moala. The drive was an hour and 20 minutes long.


 When we arrived at Goat Island, we met Fraser, Sophie, Ava and Chris. They were the
volunteers to look after us and tell us some things about Goat Island. It was very interesting.
Our teacher then called out some names for people that could go into the water first. So those
people went into their wetsuits and got ready. But it was not my group's turn so we looked
around Goat Island with Fraiser.


 It was very cool he gave us binoculars and we all looked around. It was a great view! Later
on Frasier took us to the rock pool. He gave us a paper of what creatures could be in the rock
pool. What I saw in the rock pool was shells,and crabs. I was so amazed!


1 hour passed by so it was my group's turn to go and get changed and get into the water. I was
so excited so I went into the bathroom and got changed. After my group got changed into their
swimming togs we put on our suits,flippers, and goggles. I was very excited to go into the water
and see fish and all kinds of creatures in the water.


 It was finally time for my group to go in. We went in the pool with my teacher, Mr.Coakley,
Mr Gaffney, and the rest of the volunteers. The other group stayed with a frasier and had
lunch,and got a turn with the binoculars too. I went into the water and I saw a lot of
fish,seaweed,kina and a lot of small fish and other friendly creatures. I was really amazed
because I was swimming with fish. I saw big fish and small fish. We stayed in the ocean for
1 hour like the other group. 


Time passed by so we all had to get changed. It was really hard taking off my wetsuit but when
it was off it was happy. I then went into the bathroom and  got changed into my clothes. After
we got changed into our clothes, we saw the other group of our class and we all had lunch. 

When we finished with our food we thanked Fraser, Sophie, Ava, and Chris.  At the end of the
day, we were all tired, but we had enjoyed our visit to Goat Island. We had learnt many things
about the ocean and sea creatures! I have learnt a lot! Suddenly we all saw the bus come.
So my class, My teacher Miss Ness,Mr Coakley and Mr Coakley all went on to the bus back to
school. When I was on the bus I was so tired that I fell asleep on the bus trip back to school.
It had been such a long day! Anyways I had such a great day at Goat Island and hopefully
go back there again!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kamaea! Great work! I like the way you explained the brainstorm in order and how neat your work is. You could just start my explaining more, but otherwise it's all fine. Keep working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment arvay have a good day :)

      Delete