Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Summer Learning Journey | Activity: 3 | Scaling New Heights | Week 1 | ( 6 Points )

 Scroll down so you can see the work that I have done.😄
In 1953, Sir Edmund Hillary and his sherpa (guide), Tenzing Norgay, were the first people to reach the summit of Mt Everest, the tallest mountain in the world.
At the time, Edmund Hillary was an apiarist (beekeeper) from Auckland, New Zealand.
During the summer he worked as a beekeeper, and during the winter, he climbed mountains.
Becoming the first person to summit Everest was not easy. In fact, Edmund Hillary attempted
(tried) to climb to the top of Mt Everest three times before he succeeded. He was determined
to reach the top!
While this famous explorer and climber is mostly remembered for being the first person to
reach the summit of Mt Everest, he has also made a huge impact on the world through his
charity work. In 1960, Sir Edmund Hillary set up the Himalayan Trust to bring education,
healthcare and safe drinking water to the people of Nepal - the country where Mt Everest is
located.
______________
What to do: For this activity, please select a charity that you are interested in. You may choose your own or use one from our list (below). Read about the charity.

List of Possible Charities:


On your blog, write a short explanation of what the charity does.

________________________________________________________________________

My work ⬇️
I choose Auckland City Mission Because there are poor people living in the city outside and have no family and sick people in the hospital. That's why I chose Auckland City Mission.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kamaea,

    Nice to have you on board! This is my second year being a blogger commenter and I have just completed my degree to become a teacher. You can check out my blog page to see some pictures of me and the team! What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    I really like that you have picked the Auckland City Mission, it is such an important charity/organisation. I agree with you, they should also have a wonderful Christmas eve & Christmas Day. Did you know that 100+ people take time on their Christmas Day to help support the Auckland City Mission? They serve food, make food, play games and so on.

    Can’t wait to see more of your blog posts!

    Cheers,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Georgia, Wow great job to be a teacher! I am looking forward for this summer is to have so much fun with my family! What about you? Thanks for the amazing comment!

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Kamaea,

      I thought so too! Although I am not going into teaching this year I am still really looking forward to having my own class one year.

      That’s awesome that you are going to be spending time with your family! What will you be doing with you family?
      I did the same thing! I spent time with my family at the beach in Mangawhai and my dog joined too. We played card games, went swimming and went to cafes as well!

      Keep up the awesome work Kamaea, you are doing an amazing job :)

      Blog you later!
      Georgia

      Delete