Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Summer Learning Journey | Activity:2 | Defying the odds | Week 1 | (4 Points)
















LeBron James is one of the most famous professional basketball players in the world.
He currently plays in the NBA (National Basketball Association) for the Los Angeles Lakers.
He has won numerous awards over the years, helping his teams win many important games.
Steven Adams also plays in the NBA, but unlike LeBron, Steven comes from Rotorua, New
Zealand and is the half-brother of Olympic gold medalist Valerie Adams. That’s a pretty cool
family connection, isn’t it?! Steven Adams currently lives in the United States and plays for the
Oklahoma City Thunder basketball team.

Despite being born in different countries, these two incredible basketballer's have a number
of similarities. Both men came from humble beginnings. Neither of their families had a lot of
money, and neither man grew up with a father at home. Even though they faced challenges,
they were able to overcome them. Both men are examples of what is possible when you work
hard and believe in yourself.
___________________________
What to do: For this activity, we would like you to imagine that you had the chance to interview
LeBron James, Steven Adams or another basketball player of your choice.
On your blog, tell us who you would interview and then provide a list of five questions that you
would like to ask your chosen player.
________________________________________________________________________
My work⬇️

I chose, Steven Adams and here are my five important questions I would like to ask Steven Adams, If I met him.
  1. How did you think you did this year?


  1. What can you do better next year in NBA


  1. What was the most important game you played? why?


  1. Did this year make you learn anything new?


  1. What are your favourite things you did this year in the NBA?
  2. Who is one of your bestest friend in your team?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kamaea, this is Mrs Collins and I'll be commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I really like the narrative you shared about defying the odds and how you can support others through motivation... what motivates you? Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mrs.Collins, Yea I can support others through motivation by cheering them up if there not happy or help them with something!I am very looking forward to be winning some awesome Prize!

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Kamaea,

    Those are some great questions for Steven Adams! I imagine he has had quite a few games which had been important to him over his career. I’m sure that he is always looking at ways to improve his game. Have you seen him play at all? I haven’t seen any of his games live but my boyfriend is a massive fan of the NBA and we often watch basketball games.

    Keep up the awesome blogging!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dani, Sometimes I watch him play basketball on tv with my uncle sometimes. He is a big fan of NBA too! Me and him and some of cousins sometimes play basketball with him because we have a basketball net at home! Steven Adams sure is that he is looking to improve his game better he puts a lot of effort into his game!

      Delete
  3. Hej Kamaea,

    I think this is my favourite post of this activity. The questions you want to ask Steven Adams are just so intriguing!! I love your second question, "What can you do better next year in NBA?" It's thought provoking!!

    Oh gosh I'm gushing about another post.

    Great job!!
    Riiana

    ReplyDelete