Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Summer Learning Journey | Day:5 | Activity:1 | Against The Odds | National Treasure | Week 1 | (4 Points)


Sophie Pascoe is a New Zealand para-swimmer. This means she is a competitive swimmer with
a physical disability. Very sadly, Sophie was run over by a lawn mower when she was only 2
years old. She had to have the bottom of her left leg amputated. However, despite this terrible
accident, she was determined to become a competitive swimmer.
Sophie has won numerous New Zealand and world para-swimming titles, including nine
Olympic gold medals. She has also won the Halberg Award for Disabled Sportsperson of the
Year three times. Sophie is a great example of a New Zealander who did not let her disability
stop her from achieving her dreams. She is truly a ‘National Tre-asure. A national treasure is
someone or something that is very important to a country.
 ______________________


What to do: For this activity, we would like to learn more about the things that are important to
you.
On your blog, please share three things that you treasure and say why they are treasures to
you.
________________________________________________________________________
My work⬇️





















  • Enjoy 
  • Comment of what you think about my post
  • And Have an COOL DAY!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kamaea, this is Mrs Collins from Manaiakalani and I'll be commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I really like the narrative you shared about your treasures...if you could only pick one which would it be and why?! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mrs.Collins I would pick God because he made me and my family we wouldn't of been here if he was in Heaven. I would also chose my family because I love my family a lot! Thanks for your amazing comment!

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Kamaea,

    What beautiful treasures! There is some sort of comfort in knowing that those you treasure treasure you back, yes?

    I hope that you had/have (depends on when you read this) a cool day as well!!

    - Riiana

    ReplyDelete