Pages

Friday, December 20, 2019

Summer Learning Journey | Activity:2 | One Small Step For Man | Week 1 | (4 Points)



Neil Armstrong was an American astronaut and engineer. In 1969, Neil and his team of
astronauts flew to the moon in a spacecraft called Apollo 11. When they arrived, Neil got out of
the spacecraft and walked on the moon. He is the first person in history to walk on the moon! As
Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon, he famously said, “That’s one small step for man, one
giant
leap for mankind.”
As you can imagine, landing on the moon is a very dangerous task. Many things can go wrong,
and a number of astronauts have died attempting to land on the moon. Neil Armstrong, Buzz
Aldrin and Michael Collins (the three astronauts on Apollo 11) must have been extremely brave.
I always imagine that walking on the moon must be like jumping on the trampoline! Do you like
jumping on a trampoline? My daughter Laila loves it!

__________

What to do: For this activity, let’s imagine that you were Neil Armstrong.
On your blog, write a short poem describing how you felt when you first set foot on the moon.
Here is a link to some different poetry forms.
_________________________________________________________________________________
My Work⬇️
My poem⬇️

First to be in a spaceship first to fly to the moon never had stepped on the moon now I have,
first to step on the moon What a bright When I landed I felt so tight, I would fly in the sky so fun
and so tight.

2 comments:

  1. Mōrena Kamaea,

    My name is Kueni and I am one of the blog commenters for the summer learning journey. I am from the ako hiko cluster and thought i'd pop over to your blog this morning.

    Thank you so much for sharing your poem about how you would feel if you were the first human to land on the moon. I can’t even begin to imagine what it must’ve been like up on the moon as Neil Armstrong, he must’ve had some great stories to tell about his experience on the moon.

    If he was alive what is one question you would want to ask him?

    Ka pai te ra,
    Kueni :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Kamaea,

    What kind of poem is this? I like the ryhming going on!! Would you like to be an astronaut?

    - Riiana

    ReplyDelete