Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Summer Learning Journey | Week 1 | PHYSICAL LIMITS Sport and Exploration | Explorers | Setting Sail | Day:1 | Activity:1 | (4 Points)

Scroll down so you can see the work that I've done.😄
People from Pacific nations have always been expert explorers and navigators. In the past, they used the stars, sun and ocean swells to find their way (navigate) around the Pacific Ocean. Master navigator, Nainoa Thompson, has used the ancient Polynesian way finding skills to navigate around the world. In 2013, Nainoa led a crew across the Pacific Ocean on two large canoes (Hokule’a and Hikianalia). The crew stopped off in Aotearoa, New Zealand in 2015 on their journey and visited the Manaiakalani Schools in Auckland.Here is a short video about Polynesian navigation. It describes the different ways ancient Polynesian navigators used the natural world to find their way around vast oceans. Incredible!I think that it would be difficult to be ‘at sea’ for weeks at a time. I would miss my family but I would also enjoy the adventure. Let’s imagine that you were invited to join Nainoa for three weeks at sea. As part of the journey, you have to pack your own food.
____________
What to do: For this activity, make a list of ten food items that you could take with you. Please think carefully about what you will take as you won’t have access to a refrigerator or freezer while at sea. Please explain why you would select each item.

On your blog, post your list of 10 food items you would take on an ocean voyage and the reasons why you chose these items.
________________________________________________________________________
My Work ⬇️
1.  Water - If I'm thirsty
2. Fruit - To eat Healthy
3. Bread - If I'm hungry
4. Chips - For a snack
5. Packet of lollies - For a treat
6.  Ice blocks in a chilly bin - If it gets hot
7. Popcorn - For the sides
8. Crackers - When I need a small snack
9. Yogurt -  When I need a healthy food to eat
10. Bars - To eat when I need more energy

__________________________________________________________________________


  • Enjoy 
  • Comment of what you think about my post
  • And Have an AWESOME DAY!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey again Kamaea,

    Wow you have done such a superb job on creating a thoughtful list of items that you will take on your voyage. I would also bring bread and chips on my voyage. Bread fills you up for longer (especially if it’s got seeds and grains). Chips would be easy to snack on.. You have given great reasons to why you would bring these food items.

    I also really like how you’ve created a DLO (digital learning object), it really makes your blog post pop! You should try Google Docs next time. Can’t wait for your next blog!

    Blog you later,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey again Georgia, Thanks for the great comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Kamaea,

    No worries! Thank you so much for commenting back to me.

    While I really do appreciate the effort you have made in getting back to me, I have to remind you that to be awarded points for commenting they need to match our guidelines of being a ‘positive, thoughtful & useful’.

    Here is a link that teaches you what a comment should be like https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/cybersmart/commenting

    I would love to give you the points so make sure you go back through your old comments and make new comments that meet these guidelines. I am really looking forward to reading them :)

    Blog you later!
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kamaea,

    Great list of what foods you would take! How long does each item last? Next time you could try to add images!!

    I've had fun going through your blog! Happy holidays!
    - Riiana

    ReplyDelete