Pages

Monday, January 13, 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Activity:2 | The Right To An Education | (4 Points)

Malala Yousafzai is a woman who was born and raised in Pakistan. In 2012, she was shot and
wounded when traveling home on the bus from school. At the time, girls (and women) living in
Pakistan were not encouraged, or even allowed, to go to school. It is widely believed that
Malala was attacked because she (and her father) did not agree with this idea and they felt
that women had the right to an education.
Once Malala recovered from her injuries she continued to advocate (fight) for the rights of all
women to receive an education. For this work, she was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in
2014 - the youngest person to ever receive this prestigious prize. You can read more of her
story here.
As well as giving speeches in front of many very important and influential people, Malala has
written books about her own life. She has also written a book for children called
Malala’s Magic Pencil.
_______________________


What To Do:For this activity, we would like you like you to write a short story. The story can be
about anything that you wish but to receive full points it must be at least 10 sentences long!
On your blog, share your short story. We can’t wait to read it!
________________________________________________________________________
My Work and Picture⬇️
The Greatest Storm 
Once upon a time I had a dream about the biggest storm in the world. I was once In my bed
sleeping then I heard a big shake and I felt it I was very scared, so I went to my mum and I told
her and she said she felt it to! Then we both looked outside our window and we could see was
a lot of heavy rain and Hail coming down from the sky. I saw very strong wind it was so strong
even blew the trees down! I was very frightened if the tree fell on our house. My dad was at work
so we quickly called him if he was ok and he fine he was indoors and safe! Anyways 6 minutes
later It stopped like it just disappeared!! The trees went back up everyone was safe and was like
nothing happened! Later I woke up from my dream and I was like few It was just a dream! Well
that was a weird dream!
resource image

5 comments:

  1. I really like the narrative you shared about The Greatest Storm...what a dream! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs.Collins I have been enjoying the programme a lot it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Kamaea,

    Another fantastic blog post, keep up the great work!

    Your short story, The Greatest Storm, is so awesome! It sounds like it was a crazy dream to have. It's so interesting how some dreams feel so real that you can't actually believe they were a dream.

    Do you enjoy writing? If so, what type of writing do you enjoy? :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Erica I enjoy writing alot! I like to do narrative writing!

      Delete
  4. Kia ora Kamaea!

    That is a weird dream to have. I enjoyed reading your narrative! Was there any inspiration behind this?

    Sincerely,
    Riiana

    ReplyDelete