Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Activity:2 | Week:3 | Influencers | (4 Points)

YouTube is a video sharing website, where people can watch, create, share and comment on
videos (a bit like when you Learn, Create and Share at school). YouTube was created in 2005
by three men - Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim who later sold it to Google for $1.65
billion dollars!
Did you know that anyone can have their own YouTube channel? People who create videos
and post them on YouTube are called ‘YouTubers’. Youtubers post videos on a huge range of
topics from music to make-up, fitness to cooking, etc.
Most YouTubers create their own Youtube channel. People can subscribe to their channels and
follow their videos. Do you watch or subscribe to any YouTube channels? If so, who are your
favourite YouTubers? In New Zealand, there are many Youtubers, including Kiwi beauty
YouTuber Miria Flavell and guitar guru, Nat Pua.
________________________________
What To Do:For this activity please imagine that you had the chance to create your own
YouTube channel. What would it be about? What kinds of videos would you create and post?
On your blog, write a description of the YouTube channel you would like to create.
_________________________________________________________________________________
My Work⬇️
If I had a YouTube channel I would want it to be an enjoyable and fun channel so I can get
subscribers. How I can do that is to post fun videos with challenges e.g. winning things and all
kinds of things like that too. I would also want to post videos about my family,friends and me. I
would really want a lot of subscriber's!

4 comments:

  1. Mōrena Kamaea,

    Thank you for sharing what your Youtube channel would be about.

    I think challenges are always fun to watch. What kind of challenges would you do? I'm interested to know. Maybe you could try crazy foods? I also like the idea of posting videos of friends and family. That is always so nice to see.

    Would you ever create a Youtube channel if you had the opportunity?

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Erica, What challenges will I would do? I would e.g. last one too leave the pool wins $1,000, half an hour shopping at mall for whatever you want! Its kind of like these kids on YT they live in Australia and their YouTube name is The Norris Nuts. Would I ever create a Youtube channel if you had the opportunity? Yeah kind of It very fun I think I would and sometimes I would not.

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Kamaea,

      I think you have a lot of good challenge ideas! I agree though, having a Youtube channel is very demanding and a lot of work.

      Nga mihi
      Erica

      Delete
  2. Hello Kamaea,

    What an interesting YT channel idea! As long as everyone has fun then it's great! Would you be willing to collab with other YouTubers that are in the same category as your channel?

    Sincerely,
    Riiana

    ReplyDelete