Pages

Friday, January 17, 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Activity:2 | Week:3 | Imoko | (4 Points)


Dr Lance O’Sullivan is a Māori doctor who lives in Kaitaia, Northland. He has committed his
life to improving the health and well-being of both his patients and people in the local community.
In 2014 he was named New Zealander of the Year.
Together, Lance and his wife, Tracy, have started some very cool projects in New Zealand
including affordable clinics, the Kāinga Ora (healthy homes) initiative and the MOKO
Foundation. The MOKO Foundation provides healthcare for students in school-based clinics.
He has also started iMOKO, a digital initiative (programme) whereby people living in
communities without doctors, can take photos of health issues and send them to doctors in
Kaitaia. The doctors look at the photos, provide advice and can send a script to the local
pharmacy so that the patient can get medicine. This programme is improving the health and
well-being of people living in rural Northland.
________________________
For this activity please think about your own health and well-being (hauora). What do you,
or those in your family, do to stay healthy?
On your blog, share five things that you do to stay healthy and strong.

Quote:I try to eat lots of fruit and vegetables and get plenty of sleep each night.
________________________________________________________________________
My Work⬇️
1.Fruit - I love to eat fruits so does my family


2.Vegetables -  I do not like vegetables but I have one favourite and it is cucumber. My family
likes all sorts of vegetables but I don’t


3.Exercise - I always go walks with my family to get exercise after we eat sometimes!


4.Eat healthy - Me and my family sometimes eat healthy for a whole week!


5.Sleep - My family and I sometimes have sleep in the day for half and hour so when we wake
up we have a lot of energy!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Kamaea,
    I am back on your blog. If you don't remember me, I commented on your blog before. It sounds like you have a really healthy lifestyle! Thank you for including some information about the Summer Learning Journey activity. I like how in detail you explained the things you do to stay healthy. I only have junk food once in a while. I also don't like vegetables that much but cucumbers are also one of my favourites. Maybe next time you could add in what you learnt from the activity. Overall, this is a phenomenal blog post, keep up the astonishing work!

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vitaraag, I do remember you. Yes I will make sure I add in in what I learnt from the activity,anyways thanks for the great comment!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kamaea

    My name is Daniel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey program. Your list of five things you and your family do to stay healthy is great. I also eat fruits and vegetables and make sure to exercise a lot. My favorite vegetable is also cucumber (the crunch it makes when you bite it along with the watery texture of ti just makes me go crazy over it). Where is the best place to go on a walk with your family?

    Keep up the good work!

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniel,The best place for me and my family to walk is on the side path beside my house. It great to hear that you eat a lot of fruit and vegetables and that your also favourite fruit is cucumber. Thanks for the great comment!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kamaea - which of your top 5 is ACTUALLY your number 1? I think sleep - what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kamaea,

    I love fruits!! There are so many to choose from and most of the ones I've had are delicious! Do you have a favourite fruit? Mine is an apple!! These are some great ways to keep healthy. Ka pai!

    Good job!
    Riiana

    ReplyDelete