Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Activity:3 | Week:3 | Apple vs Microsoft | (6 Points)


My Work^^^

Click for a better view^^^
Bill Gates and Steve Jobs are two big names in the field of digital technology. Bill Gates is the
founder of Microsoft while Steve Jobs was a co-founder of Apple. Both men are very creative
and inventive. In fact, Steve Jobs invented the Apple computer, iPod, iPhone, and iPad. Sadly,
he passed away in 2011.
Bill Gates, on the other hand, invented Microsoft software, like Microsoft Windows and Microsoft
Office. He is now one of the richest people in the world, and with his wife, Melinda, has created
a charity called The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Both men worked in the same field (digital technology) and were seen as competitors or rivals.
They are not the only rivals in the world. In fact, some of the most famous rivalries occur
between sports teams. One example is the rivalry between the All Blacks and the Wallabies
rugby teams.
______________________________
What To Do:For this activity we would like you to use your best researching skills to find three
more examples of common rivalries. They can be in the sports world or not - it’s totally up to you!
On your blog, describe the three rivalries that you have found. Who is involved? To gain the full
6 points for this activity, please provide a picture for each rivalry. The picture should represent
the rivalry.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Pictures⬇️

9 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kamaea,

    Thank you for positing another activity!

    Unfortunately your google slides are locked, so we can't see your work. Would you be able to unlock the document so we can see the work you did? We would LOVE to check it out :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Erica, I think it is working now?

      Delete
    2. Talofa lava Kamaea,

      Yes - you got this one working too. Ka pai!

      I really enjoy the rivalries you chose along with your explanations. I can tell you put a lot of effort into this activity. If you had to choose ONE company from each rivalry, who would you choose? I would choose...

      1) Mc Donald's (I like a cheese burger as a treat)!
      2) Dunkin Donuts. I really enjoy the flavour with the custard in the middle!
      3) I prefer Countdown, only because it's the closest supermarket to where I live.
      4) Netflix, only because it just has a bit more variety for movies and tv shows I like.

      How about you? I'd love to know your list :)

      Nga mihi
      Erica

      Delete
    3. Hello Erica,yay its working. If I had to chose one company from each rivalry I would chose...

      1. McDonalds (I love the chips and frozen cokes)
      2. Krispy Kremes ( I love the glazed donuts)
      3. Paknsave (because I love to shop there)
      4. Netflix (because it has so many movies I love to watch and there's some Disney movies!)

      Delete
  2. Hello Kamaea,
    I am Vitaraag and I am participating in the Summer Learning Journey this year! I am from the Ako Hiko cluster. I hope you are having an amazing day. I sure am. I really like this blog post! Let me explain why. Firstly, you explained why you like each of these rivalries. Secondly, you came up with four instead of three. If I had to chose out of these it would be McDonalds, Krispy Kremes, Pakn'save and Netflix. I like all the things you like. Maybe next time you could add a bit of back story to the activity. Overall, this is a phenomenal blog post! Keep up the astonishing work!

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vitaraag,Thank you for commenting what you like about my activity. I am having a great day today! Thanks for the great comment!

      Delete
  3. Great post again Kamaea...I like the rivalry between Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts, although Mama's Donuts have opened a branch not too far away from where I live now so I have another rivals to choose from! Keep blogging...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great comment Mrs Collins!

      Delete
  4. Hello Kamaea,

    I hadn't thought about Netflix VS Disney+! I love how you have set-up your presentation! Ka pai!

    Kind regards,
    Riiana

    ReplyDelete