Pages

Monday, January 20, 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Activity:3 | Week:4 | The Diary of Anne Frank | (6 Points)

Anne Frank was a very brave girl. She was born and raised in a Jewish family in Germany in the 1930s.
When World War II started, Anne and her family were forced to hide because the German
politicians (Nazis) did not like Jewish people. She and her family hid out in a secret room in their
house for two full years. During this time, Anne wrote in a diary. When the war ended, Anne’s
dad found the diary and made it into a book. He called it The Diary of Anne Frank or The Diary
of a Young Girl.
I know lots of people who keep a diary. Often they will record what they did during the day or
recount stories about special events that have taken place.
________________________
What To Do: For this activity, we would like you to imagine that you have a diary. In your diary
please write a story about your most extraordinary day. What happened? You can tell us about
an actual event or you can make one up. It’s totally up to you! Please be as creative as you can.
On your blog, post a diary entry about your extraordinary day. Please start your post with the
words “Dear Diary”.
________________________________________________________________________
My Work⬇️
Dear Diary,

I had the weirdest dream ever that I was playing basketball with a dog. What I saw was that me
and the puppy was playing basketball the dog threw the ball right at the hoop. I was so
surprised that dogs can do everything that humans do. That day a strange person told me people
can now play like humans and be like a human in life. I was so shocked because I already
knew that animals are animals and humans are humans! Well that was the weirdest dream I’ve
ever had!!

3 comments:

  1. Great diary entry Kamaea - just repost the text using CONTROL SHIFT V as it's currently running off your blog. Annelies Marie "Anne" Frank was a German-born Dutch-Jewish diarist. One of the most discussed Jewish victims of the Holocaust, she gained fame posthumously with the publication of The Diary of a Young. Do you keep a diary? Your blog is like a diary - just on line visible to everyone! Keep up the great work Kamaea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Kamaea,

    I’m Mani, a SLJ blog commenter for a few different Manaiakalani schools but I’ve jumped on your schools to check out your awesome posts and give the rest of the Manaiakalani team a helping hand with commenting.

    What an interesting dream! I would have been so confused if I saw a puppy shooting a basketball into a hoop and probably would have taken me quite a long time to even realise that I was in a dream! Dreams are so weird right! Have you ever had a dream and then it actually happened in real life? Let's be honest, dreams are a lot better than nightmares!

    You are so close to finishing the whole SLJ programme! I encourage you to keep up the mahi and increase your chances of winning a prize! Best of luck Kamaea :)

    Ngā mihi,
    Mani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kamaea,

    What a funny dream! I know that if I were to see a dog playing basketball and actually making the shot, I'd be deeply shocked. Did you have fun completing this activity?

    - Riiana :)

    ReplyDelete