Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Week:3 | Experiments And Gadgets | Science,Technology And Invention | (Year 6 - 8) | Day:1 | Driving Digital Innovation | Activity:1 | The World Wide Web | (4 Points)



My Work^^^

Click for a better view^^^
 You may not have heard of Tim Berners-Lee but this man completely changed the world for us when he invented the World Wide Web (otherwise known as the ‘www’). All of the information on the internet is stored and accessed on the web.

TimBL, as he is known, also created the first ever website. We all spend a lot of time looking at websites, don’t we? One of my favourite websites is the Te Ara site. I use it when I am creating lessons for students or working on assignments for school. Are there websites that are particularly helpful for your learning?
___________________________________

What To Do:For this activity please take screenshots of four different websites that you find helpful for your learning. They can be websites that you use in class or websites that you use on your own at home. Present the screenshots as a poster or put them into a presentation.

On your blog, share your poster or presentation of your favourite learning websites.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Pictures⬇️




7 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kamaea,

    Thank you for positing another activity!

    Unfortunately your google slides are locked, so we can't see your work. Would you be able to unlock the document so we can see the work you did? We would LOVE to check it out :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Erica, Im not sure how to do It can you please tell me thank you.

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Kamaea,

      All the settings for the privacy on a Google document is under the 'share' section of the document I believe! I'm having a look to try figure it out as well, but maybe have a look around the 'share' part and see if that helps :)

      Nga mihi
      Erica

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the help Erica! I think Its working now.

      Delete
    4. Kia ora Kamaea,

      Yes - I can see your work now! Fantastic, go you for figuring that out.

      The websites I use are pretty similar to you for learning. I'm currently studying Primary Education (teaching) at University, and I use Google Docs and my emails all the time. It is so handy. Sometimes I use Youtube to find videos to help me understand new ideas that I might be finding hard to understand.

      Nga mihi
      Erica

      Delete
  2. Hi Kamaea

    Well done on completing this Summer Learning Journey activity. I think that you have done a great job listing four websites that are helpful to your learning. I also use google and gmail a lot in college - both sites are great to help you learn new things or access tasks set by your teacher. I also agree that YouTube videos can be helpful although sometimes I find it to be a bit distracting. Which one do you use the most? Keep up the good work.

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kamaea,

    Another wonderfully set-up presentation! Ka pai! Did you enjoy completing this activity?

    Good work!
    - Riiana

    ReplyDelete