Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Summer learning Journey

Day 5 activity 1

Blink and you will miss it

I think logging should not be allowed in New Zealand. The two reasons to support my argument are

1. The native forest is home to a lot of animals if logging continued the animals like owls and birds will no longer have a place to live and breed and they might become extinct.

2. Going for hikes and tramping through the forest is a fun activity for a lot of people and children to do its important to keep nature as it is because we can learn and explore from it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kamaea, my name is Billy and I am from the Summer Learning Journey programme. It is fantastic to see that you have already completed so many activities. I was commenting on St Pius children's blogs last summer too. Since then, I have moved to London, England. So I am currently writing this comment from the other side of the world!

    I completely agree with your stance on logging and have enjoyed reading your thoughtful reasons to support your argument. It can be really devastating seeing vast open spaces where a dense forest once stood.

    Have you seen the movie Avatar? There are a lot of scenes that focus on this issue.

    Have you been for any hikes recently? Will you go for any over the summer?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete