Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Day:5 | Creativity + | Activity:1 | Week:3 | Ministry of Inspiration | (4 Points)

So you might have heard of the Ministry of Education or the Ministry of Health, right? They are
groups of people who give advice to the government. But have you heard of the Ministry of
Inspiration? It sounds like fun, doesn’t it?! Well, this is a real organisation based in Nelson, New
Zealand. Their aim is to get kids thinking creatively in the areas of science, technology,
engineering, arts, maths and society (STEAMS).
The Ministry of Inspiration hosts many cool activities and events, including an Aquabot
competition. Aquabots are underwater robots. Have you ever heard of them?
__________________________________
What To Do:For this activity please watch this video about the Pasifika Aquabots competition
that was held in Nelson. The students had to navigate their Aquabots around a swimming pool,
collecting things and visiting different ‘islands.’
On your blog, tell us whether you would like to join an Underwater Robotics team at your school.
Why or why not?
_________________________________________________________________________________
My Work⬇️

I would gladly join the Underwater Robotics team here are a few reasons why I would want to
… because it looks so fun controlling the Aquabots and collecting cool things and visiting
different islands in water!  And also I like to swim a lot!
Image result for aquabots

7 comments:

  1. Good Evening Kamaea,

    This is Samuel, Mrs. Tui's son as you probably already know. I bet it is so fun doing this competitively with friends. I agree with you entirely. Just remember to attribute your images. Attributing images is the act of acknowledging the source of the image or where you found it. This is extremely important. Apart from that, This is a brilliant blog post. Well done, Kamaea.

    Kind Regards,
    Samuel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Kamaea,

    Thank you for posting another fantastic blog post! How was your weekend? Did you enjoy and embrace the sunshine? :)

    I'm glad you enjoyed watching it. Technology is pretty neat, right? Have you made anything like that before at school? Or is technology something that interests you? :)

    I wish there was something similar to that when I was in school. I think I would have enjoyed trying it out!

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Erica,My weekend was great! I enjoyed the sunshine alot! I have not made anything like that at school. Thanks for the great comment!

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Kamaea,

      Thanks for getting back me!

      I'm glad you enjoyed the sunshine. I went up north to Pakiri on Sunday and the sunshine was incredible! What have you been getting up to? :)

      Hopefully you have an opportunity to make more stuff like this at school when you go back this year! Fingers crossed.

      Nga mihi
      Erica

      Delete
  3. Sounds like aqua-robotics might be on the curriculum at SPX this year Kamaea...Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kamaea,
    Once again it is me, Vitaraag. Are you having and extraordinary day? I sure am. I really like how you added a picture to make the blog post more interesting. I also really like how you gave us some reasons on why you would join the underwater robotics team. I also really like swimming. Since it is summer it is a very healthy and fun activity to do, you get to cool off and exercise, so it is a win win. Maybe next time you could say what this activity taught you. Overall, this is a phenomenal blog post! Keep up the astonishing work!

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kamaea,

    Good job on adding appealing images! I enjoyed reading your reasons on why you'd join an underwater robotics team! Are you a fan of coding?

    Sincerely,
    Riiana

    ReplyDelete