Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Activity:3 | Week:3 | Hidden Figures | (6 Points)

Ada Lovelace, born in 1815, is considered to be the ‘first computer programmer’, even though
computers had not yet been invented. She was called a computer programmer because she
worked out a series of algorithms (instructions) that a machine could use to compute (calculate)
difficult maths questions.
Katherine Johnson was another brilliant mathematician who worked with NASA - the North
American Space Association. NASA was responsible for sending rockets and people into
space. It was Katherine’s job to check all of the calculations that the engineers and astronauts
used when designing the spacecraft and flying them into space. In 2016, a movie was made
about Katherine Johnson and the other women who worked at NASA during this time. It is
called ‘Hidden Figures.’ In the movie, the women had to learn how to do basic coding when
NASA started using computers.
Have you ever tried coding? I have never tried coding but I will check it out and have a try!
_______________________________
What To Do:For this activity we would like you to give coding a try. Click on the link for the
website: code.org. If you try an activity and it is too easy, try a harder level!
On your blog, post a screenshot of your completed shape. Underneath the shape tell us what
you thought of the coding app. Is it good? Why/why not?
________________________________________________________________________
My Work⬇️
I worked very hard on this science activity it was so hard but I never gave up. When I was doing
that challenge I felt very switched on my brain I made It so anyways here is my award!

5 comments:

  1. Talofa lava Kamaea,

    Go you for trying out this coding activity! I totally get how it would have been difficult at first (I found it difficult too), but you gave it a go! Ka pai.

    Would you go on this app again? Why, or why not? I'd love to hear what you think! :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talofa lava Erica. It was hard at first but I never gave up and it was quite fun! I would not want to go on that app again because I think Its too challenging.

      Delete
  2. Coding is SO much fun Kamaea...check out https://www.grinchhourofcode.com

    It's fun and seasonal...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coding is fun but not when It gets to the hard level but its still great fun. I went to go and check out that website and it looked great!

      Delete
  3. Kia ora Kamaea,

    Congratulations to you for not giving up and getting through it all! I wish I could say the same about me lol. Would you recommend the website to anyone?

    Kind regards,
    Riiana

    ReplyDelete