Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Activity:3 | Week:3 | Need for Speed | (6 Points)


My Work^^^

Click for a better view^^^
We have had many inventors here in New Zealand who have created things that have changed the world. Two of these inventors were Bill Hamilton (1899-1978) and John Britten (1950-1995).
Bill Hamilton grew up on a farm in the South Island of New Zealand. One of his first inventions
was a tow rope to pull skiers up a ski field. His most famous invention, however, is the
development of the modern jet boat engine. It allows boats, like the Huka Falls Jet, to travel at lightning speed along rivers. Bill Hamilton invented the jet boat to solve a problem.
John Britten, on the other hand, loved to rebuild vehicles, including motorbikes. He set up the
Britten Motorcycle Company from his garage in Christchurch, New Zealand. One of his bikes,
the V1000, won a number of international races and set a world speed record for going
304km per hour! Wow! Now that is fast…!
_________________________________
What To Do:Speaking of fast, for this activity we would like you to design your own fast vehicle.
It can be anything! Please draw your super-fast vehicle on paper or use an app to help you.
If it was me, I would make my super-fast vehicle something that I could use to get to school
and home again each day!
On your blog, post a picture of your speedy vehicle along with a written description of how it
works. Tell your readers what your vehicle is made of, any special features, how fast it goes,
and who might use your vehicle.
________________________________________________________________________
Pictures⬇️

7 comments:

  1. Hello Kamaea,
    Once again it is Vitaraag, here to comment on some of your fantastic Summer Learning Journey posts. I really enjoyed reading this blog post, let me elaborate on why I like it. Firstly, you added a picture of what your car would look like. Secondly, you explained what type of colours you want. If I could have any car in the world I would probably have a Tesla. The latest model. The reason being it doesn't use gas. Maybe next time you could make your own car. Overall, this is a phenomenal blog post! Keep up the astonishing work!

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Vitaraag, Thank you for telling me what you like for my activity, and thanks for the amazing comment!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kamaea

    Well done on completing this Summer Learning Journey activity. I think that your car design is great. I like how you included a coloured picture of your car as well as a sketch. If you had your own production company, how much would you sell your car for? Also, a red or white colour scheme would make the car look amazing! Well done!

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniel If I would have my own production company I would sell my cars for about 1k or somthing like that thank for the great comment!

      Delete
  3. Great design Kamaea - does it come in a range of colours? Is this how you'll be getting to SPX this year? Keep blogging...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs.Collins No it will not really come in a range of colours for the car. And no I will now be coming to school with a car like that just my normal car.

      Delete
  4. Kia ora Kamaea,

    Amazing sketch! Have you thought about implenting any special features to your car? It's unfortunate that you don't like red or white, I think that your car could pull off a red look!

    Kind regards,
    Riiana

    ReplyDelete