Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Activity:3 | Week:4 | Girl Power | (6 Points)

Jessica Mauboy is an Aboriginal Australian singer. She rose to fame when she was runner-up
in the 2006 Australian Idol, and has gone on to record a number of very successful songs. She
is a role model for both girls, and indigenous Australians as she has been so successful in her
music and acting career.
Dame Kiri Te Kanawa is an opera singer from Aotearoa/New Zealand. She became one of the
best sopranos (a female singer with a high voice) in the world. Dame Kiri Te Kanawa is Māori,
however she was adopted when she was a baby and very little is known about her birth family.
For young singers, both of these women can serve as role models - people who have faced
challenges and overcome them in order to achieve their dreams of becoming professional
singers.
___________________________
What To Do:For this activity, we would like to choose one role model and tell us about them.
What makes them a role model? They can be people you know personally, people you have
seen on television or the internet, people you have heard on the radio or people you have
heard about from a friend of family member. You do not have to know them personally.
On your blog, tell us about your chosen role model. Please be sure to tell us why you think they
are a role model.
_________________________________________________________________________________

My Work⬇️
I would say my friends is a role model to me! because when I need help they always help me
and If I'm sad they always cheer me up! They always play with me at school that why I'm never
lonely at school because Im with them having a lot of fun! They are also a role model to be
because they always make me laugh in class and I feel so happy and joyful!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kamaea, Mrs Collins again from Manaiakalani commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I really like the narrative you shared about role-models and how you can support others through motivation... Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break! The SLJ finishes tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Kamaea,

    Thank you for sharing who your role models are in your life - your friends sound awesome! If one of my friends are upset I try talk through how they are feeling with them, and let them know I'm always here and will always listen. How do you and your friends cheer each other up?

    I hope you are all in the same class this year! :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talofa lava Kamaea,

    As Erica has stated before me, your friends sound awesome!! Your reasons for them being your models are precious. Thank you for showing your role models with us readers.

    Kind regards,
    Riiana

    ReplyDelete