Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Day:2 | Week:3 | Activity:1 | Cracking The Code | Through Careful Observation | (4 Points)

There are many incredible people in history who have changed the world. Some have changed
what we know about the world and about how it works. We often call these people
‘scientists’ or ‘theorists.’ Famous scientists include Sir Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin,
Albert Einstein, Katherine Freese, Maria Goeppert Mayer and Sau Lan Wu.
Each of these scientists came up with a new theory (idea) about how things work. Much of what
they discovered came from observing (watching) things closely.
_______________________________________
What To Do:For this activity, we would like you to select one of the pictures below and to study
or observe it closely. What do you see?
On your blog, describe the painting in detail. What do you see when you look at it? Please give
us as much detail as you can!















_________________________________________________________________________________

My Work⬇️
I have chosen this picture I have also drew and painted it with my teacher! Anyways what I can
see in this picture is fire flames it looks like it is so high that it is touching the sky! Ok the sky
what I can see in the sky is eleven (11) yellow, bright stars shining in the sky! The wind is
blowing in the sky too! At the bottom I can see blue mountains! There are so many houses and
the big city! The background of the drawing looks like it's navy blue and blue!

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kamaea,

    It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

    This is my first year joining the Summer Learning Journey, and I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs.

    I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends. I also enjoy going for walks and I absolutely love cooking and baking. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    Thanks for sharing your fantastic observation. I really enjoy the sky in this image, there is something so magical and luminous about it, right? What made you choose this image to observe?

    Do you do art in school Kamaea? Also - something for you to consider doing as a subject is Art History. I studied Art History in high school, and you look at some of the most magical and breathtaking pieces of art, like this one!

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Erica, Good meeting you too! I have done this programme before the year before last year! This is my second time now, I have really enjoyed it so I decided to participate again! Im really looking forward to go and hang out with my family at the beach too.I picked this because I liked the picture because I have painted it! Yes I do art sometimes with Mrs.Pole she is a great Art teacher! Thank you for the great comment.

      Delete
  2. Great post Kamaea - I really like the Starry Night picture too...I saw it when I visited New York in 2005! Keep blogging and posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Mrs.Collins thats great you visited the picture in 2005. Thanks for the great comment!

      Delete
  3. Kia ors Kamaea,

    I quite like that piece, "Starry Night". How did the painting you did of it go? Do you know of any other works from Vincent van Gogh?

    Lovely description of what you could see!

    Great work!
    - Riiana

    ReplyDelete